Sustainable Ag Grant RFP
Wells Fargo and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) seek to promote sustainable communities through Environmental Solutions for Communities by supporting highly-visible projects that link economic development and community well-being to the stewardship and health of the environment. Approximately $2,460,000 is available nationwide for 2016 projects.
Collectively, investments under this initiative will promote a sustainable future for communities by:
- Supporting sustainable agricultural practices and private lands stewardship;
- Conserving critical land and water resources and improving local water quality;
- Restoring and managing natural habitat, species and ecosystems that are important to community livelihoods;
- Facilitating investments in green infrastructure, renewable energy and energy efficiency; and
- Encouraging broad-based citizen and targeted youth participation in project implementation.
Strong preference will be given to applications supporting funding priorities certain regions and states, with a particular emphasis on projects undertaken in the urban areas; the Raleigh area is included.
Proposals are due Dec. 10 and funding ranges from $25,000-$100,000 for the Raleigh area. Awards will be announced in June. Complete details and the application are online. Governments, nonprofits and educational institutions re eligible to apply.