The Amazing Benefits of Play: Training Offered April 4
Be Active Kids® and the Active Play Alliance will host the Pop-Up Adventure Play tour with a 2-hour workshop, The Amazing Benefits of Play, on April 4, 6:00-8:00 PM at Bond Park Community Center in Cary. Pop-up Adventure Play is an international non-profit that addresses the decline in opportunities for child directed play through a practice based training model and public play events, Pop-up Adventure Playgrounds.
The workshop will provide participants with a solid foundation of play’s distinct qualities and benefits, emphasizing those related to whole-child learning, health, and development.
The workshop will also include:
- What we mean when we say ‘play’ essential terms and definitions
- An invitation to play, followed by group reflection
- Children’s need to play, and the landscape of children’s lives today
- Not ‘unstructured’, but ‘self-structured’ – what makes children’s free play so special?
- The power of ‘yes’ – tools for rethinking risk and challenge
- Advocacy and explanation encouraging meaningful engagement with parents
- Taking play home applying the essentials of a playwork approach in any setting
Registration is $75, but Be Active Kids and the Active Play Alliance are able to cover the cost for the first 50 people to register. Register here!
Contact Evie Houtz at 919-287-7012 or email@example.com with questions.