Local School Wellness Policy Briefs
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Bridging the Gap collaborate to develop a series of briefs highlighting opportunities to support wellness policies through evidence-based strategies. These briefs provide an assessment of policies across school districts nationwide, related to seven wellness policy components. They also highlight areas of opportunity for state agencies, school districts, and schools to strengthen wellness policy components.
The topics are:
- Local School Wellness Policies: Where Do They Stand and What Can You Do?
- Supporting Quality Physical Education and Physical Activity in Schools
- Supporting Recess in Elementary Schools
- Creating Supportive School Nutrition Environments
- Improving Access to Drinking Water in Schools
- Marketing and Promotion of Foods and Beverages at School
- Addressing Weight Status Measurements in Schools
All the briefs are online.