Parks, Recreation & Greenways
Physical activity is an essential part of living a healthy life! Every day children need 60 minutes of play with moderate to vigorous activity, and adults need a mix of aerobic and muscle strengthening activity each week(aim for 30 minutes a day). So how can you get active here in Wake County?
Here are just a few ideas:
- Enjoy the miles and miles of greenways for walking, biking and running.
- Visit the parks run by Wake County and the 12 municipalities in Wake for hiking, canoeing, youth and adult sports leagues and more.
- Join local YMCAs and gyms for a variety of fitness opportunities.
- Walk or bike to and from school and work.
- Start a family or neighborhood walking program.
- Register children for youth sports leagues.
- Turn off the TV, the computer and the smart phone and play outdoors!
Use These Tools to Plan and Track Activity