Donate to AHA
AHA’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of Wake County residents by facilitating and supporting community initiatives. We accomplish this by convening partners that change policies, systems and environments focused on well-being, healthy eating and physical activity.
This kind of change takes time…and a community of partners working together.
Your donation to AHA supports our work with elected leaders and key city and county staff, along with school, community, health care and business leaders. Just a few positive health impacts from AHA’s work include:
- healthy sports and camp snacking policies—impacting 50,000 kids/year
- healthy school environments increasing daily healthy behaviors—15,000+ students/year
- creating a system for child care providers to buy fresh NC produce for kids —3,000+ in child care
- More than 1,200 trained in community, school and child care gardens
- Leadership on Safe Routes to School and Complete Streets policy to increase daily physical activity
Thank you for supporting AHA’s mission to improve health in Wake County! Here’s how:
- The YMCA of the Triangle is AHA’s fiscal agent.
- When you click the red “Donate Today” button, it will take you to a YMCA page that looks like this below:
- Select Advocates for Health in Action from the drop-down menu at “Designation” so your gift reaches AHA.
Got it? Click the red Donate button below!
- The minimum donation/pledge is $20.
- You do NOT need a log in for the YMCA site to donate, but if you have one, please follow the prompts.
- You may leave the “Campaigner to be Credited” field blank or if a member of AHA’s Board of Directors contacted you for a donation, please enter his/her name.
- If your employer has a matching program, please be sure to check that box.
- Your donation is tax-deductible. You will receive an email receipt from the YMCA of the Triangle.
Thank you for your support of AHA’s mission!