Apply Now for Raleigh Urban Agriculture Awards
The City of Raleigh’s Environmental Advisory Board will offer Urban Agriculture mini-grants for projects in the City of Raleigh. The deadline is Feb. 12; all applicants must apply online at http://www.raleighnc.gov/EnvironmentalAwards; scroll down to Urban Agriculture Award Applications.
Eligible applicants include: community gardens, schools, churches, community centers, child care centers, neighborhoods, workplaces, public housing sites, apartment sites, senior centers, civic groups, individuals and local businesses.
Funding is available for projects such as: fences, irrigation and/or water sources, garden structures, equipment, compost, seeds and soft costs.
Applicants and Projects:
- Must ultimately improve access to healthy, affordable food
- Be linked with existing community infrastructure, resources and/or groups of volunteers
- Must have a plan in place for long-term success
Applicants who are awarded funds Must:
- Attend the annual Environmental Awards Ceremony on April 21st
- Welcome site visits by the Environmental Advisory Board members and/or staff
- Submit a year-end report by November 1, 2016