Raleigh City Farm Celebrates “bEARTHday” with Farm Workshops & Sustainability Talks
Raleigh City Farm and New Belgium Brewing are cooking up a weekend of events to celebrate Earth Day and Raleigh’s community of environmental entrepreneurs April 17-19. Event proceeds benefit Raleigh City Farm, Neuse Riverkeeper Foundation, and Oaks & Spokes.
Farm workshops from 9 am-1 pm include Spring Farmscaping, Basic Organic Vegetable Gardening and Greehouse Production Practices, all at Raleigh City Farm, as well as the BEARTHday Bazaar at the farm from 12:30-4:30 pm with sustainability talks including:
- Jorge Montezuma (Sustainable Spirits) & Liz Tracy (HQ Raleigh) – Co-Hosting
- Rochelle Sparko (Carolina Farm Stewardship Association) Statewide Food Policy Work
- Charles Meeker (City of Raleigh Mayor 2001-2011) Urban/Rural Agriculture Connection
- Eric Henry (TS Designs) – Local Economies & Food Systems
- Lin Peterson (Locals Seafood) & Justin Senkbeil (Compost Now) – Aggregators in the Local Food System
- Caroline Morrison (Fiction Kitchen) & James Edwards (Raleigh City Farm/Old Milburnie Farm) – Chefs & Farmers
- Kevin Brice (City of Oaks Foundation) & Matt Star (Neuse River Keeper) – Community Resource Conservation
- Sean Barker (Raleigh City Farm) & Bobby Tucker (Okfuskee Farm) – Farmers Urban – Rural
- Christopher Rumbley (Raleigh City Farm) – City Farms as Food Hub
Get details on the events and festivities and tickets here.