Lighten Up, Raleigh Campaign Launches for Bike/Ped Safety
The City of Raleigh has kicked off the second annual Lighten Up, Raleigh safety campaign to remind citizens to be safe and be seen as they are out walking, biking or waiting for the bus as the days get shorter.
This year’s campaign is partnering with Capital Area Transit again to encourage passengers to use a flashlight and wear light-colored reflective clothing while waiting at the bus stop.
The campaign also has teamed up with local Raleigh bike shops to offer a 15% discount on any bike light purchase through November 30. Under state law, every bicycle must be equipped with a front-lighted lamp and a rear red reflex mirror or lamp. Coupons are available at www.raleighnc.gov and redeemable at any of the following participating bicycle shops:
- Bicycle Chain, 9000 Glenwood Avenue
- Cycle Logic, 1211 Hillsborough Street
- Flythe Cyclery, 424 West Peace Street
- Inside-Out-Sports, 8111 Creedmoor Road
- Oak City Cycling Project, 212 E Franklin Street
- TLC for Bikes, 8480 Honeycutt Road
- Trek Raleigh, 10911 Raven Ridge Road
For more information, visit www.raleighnc.gov and enter “Lighten Up” in the search window.