Lighten Up, Raleigh–Bike Light Safety Campaign Kicks Off
As the days get shorter, it’s important to be visible while out walking, biking, or waiting for the bus. The City of Raleigh is launching the Lighten Up, Raleigh safety campaign to remind citizens to be safe and be seen.
The campaign is partnering with Capital Area Transit to encourage passengers to use a flashlight and wear light-colored reflective clothing while waiting at the bus stop.
The campaign also has teamed up with local bike shops to offer a 15 percent discount on any bike light purchase through Dec. 31. Under state law, every bicycle must be equipped with a front-lighted lamp and a rear red reflex mirror or lamp. Coupons are available at www.raleighnc.gov and redeemable at any of the following participating bicycle shops:
- All Star Bike Shop, Quail Corners Shopping Center, 5003-B Falls of Neuse Road and the Ridgewood Shopping Center on Ridge Road
- Bicycle Chain, 9000 Glenwood Ave.
- Cycle Logic, 1211 Hillsborough St.
- Flythe Cyclery, 424 West Peace St.
- Inside-Out-Sports, 8111 Creedmoor Road
- Oak City Cycling Project, 212 E Franklin St.
- Performance Bicycle, Sutton Square Shopping Center
- TLC for Bikes, 8480 Honeycutt Road
- Trek Raleigh, 10911 Raven Ridge Road
For more information, visit www.raleighnc.gov and enter “Lighten Up” in the search window.