Webinar: Working with Local & State Officials to Prioritize Walking in Transportation Planning
America Walks is hosting the fourth webinar in the six-part All Things Walking series. This webinar will showcase the efforts underway in Tennessee to make walking a major priority in transportation planning.
WHEN: Friday, April 26th, 2-3:30 pm
REGISTRATION: Free; log-in instructions sent upon registration
WHAT: Top officials in the Tennessee transportation community will talk about how walking and walkability are being integrated into transportation planning in Tennessee.
- Find out why the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT), a multi-modal agency, has won numerous awards for its innovation and dedication to transportation and provides one of the best transportation systems in the country
- Learn about City of Nashville’s transportation planning and the integration of walking programs.
- Adetokunbo ‘Toks’ Omishakin is the Assistant Commissioner/Environmental Bureau Chief of the Environmental and Planning Bureau of the Tennessee Department. In this position, he guides TDOT’s continued success in establishing transportation planning, policy and performance and the necessary communication that is required with other governmental agencies, organizations, and the general public and legislative bodies. Prior to joining TDOT, he served as the Director of Healthy Living Initiatives in the Office of Mayor Karl Dean in Nashville, Tennessee. Toks sits on the America Walks Board of Directors.
- Jessica Wilson is the Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator for TDOT. Jessica leads Tennessee’s Bicycle and Pedestrian program which centers on providing good walking and bicycling facilities as a key to the continued growth and success of the state’s towns and cities. They see the program as helping communities achieve larger goals such as attracting new businesses, increasing neighborhood safety, reducing traffic congestion, and improving air quality, as well as playing an important role in public health.
- Nashville City Official – To be announced