Friend us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Join our email list!
AHA fosters and supports community efforts to make healthy eating and physical activity the way of life in Wake County.

Fire Up Your Feet: Free Webinars on New Activity-based Fundraiser

fire up your feetNational PTA is proud to announce a partnership with Safe Routes to School National Partnership and Kaiser Permanente on Fire Up Your Feet, a brand new physical activity fundraising program that encourages families to walk more to and from school—and in daily life—while keeping track of their steps, and raising money for their PTA or school. 

This is how it works:

  • PTAs register for Fire Up Your Feet online and recruit families to participate.
  • Participants build a family fundraising page and recruit sponsors (i.e., friends, family) via an online donation form.
  • Parents and children walk together, share valuable conversation and learning experiences, while building positive behaviors and a love for physical activity.
  • Families track their walks with user-friendly online tools and raise money for their PTAs. 75% of the raised funds go directly to the PTA, while the other 25% goes toward efforts to support more safe routes to schools. 
  • PTAs celebrate success! The funds raised can help support other healthy lifestyle initiatives.

Webinars: How to Prepare for Fire Up Your Feet

National PTA and Safe Routes to School are offering two interactive, online training sessions for PTA members to learn more about this new initiative and ask questions.

  •  Tuesday, March 19, 2013; 1pm – 2pm ET (Register) or
  •  Wednesday, March 20, 2013; 7pm – 8pm ET (Register

For more information, visit FireUpYourFeet.org.

AHA Updates

Donate Today

aha toolkit button

 

 

 

 

 


Contact Us: info@AdvocatesForHealthInAction.org
SITE DESIGN BY RALEIGH WEB DESIGN