Fire Up Your Feet: Free Webinars on New Activity-based Fundraiser
National PTA is proud to announce a partnership with Safe Routes to School National Partnership and Kaiser Permanente on Fire Up Your Feet, a brand new physical activity fundraising program that encourages families to walk more to and from school—and in daily life—while keeping track of their steps, and raising money for their PTA or school.
This is how it works:
- PTAs register for Fire Up Your Feet online and recruit families to participate.
- Participants build a family fundraising page and recruit sponsors (i.e., friends, family) via an online donation form.
- Parents and children walk together, share valuable conversation and learning experiences, while building positive behaviors and a love for physical activity.
- Families track their walks with user-friendly online tools and raise money for their PTAs. 75% of the raised funds go directly to the PTA, while the other 25% goes toward efforts to support more safe routes to schools.
- PTAs celebrate success! The funds raised can help support other healthy lifestyle initiatives.
Webinars: How to Prepare for Fire Up Your Feet
National PTA and Safe Routes to School are offering two interactive, online training sessions for PTA members to learn more about this new initiative and ask questions.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013; 1pm – 2pm ET (Register) or
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013; 7pm – 8pm ET (Register)
For more information, visit FireUpYourFeet.org.