Public Health & Walking: Discussion Forum Jan. 30
America Walks will host its second Walking Action Network Discussion Forum, “Public Health and Walking: Turning Programs and Policy into Action!” on Jan. 30 from 2-3 pm.
This discussion forum will explore the intersection between transportation, walking and public health and discuss activities that support both policy development and implementation. The audience will have an opportunity to hear from experts in the field and join the discussion on how to continue to empower the public health and transportation communities to work together. The Discussion Forums presenters will provide:
- A brief overview of public health policy
- A brief overview of transportation policy
- An overlap of both policies-how this works!
- An introduction to implementation activities that formally engage transportation, walking and public health (Creation of organizations and coalitions)
Presenters (see their bios here)
- Karyn Warsaw, MS, MPH, DrPH, Principal and Founder of Transportation-Public Health Link.
- Jack Rayburn, Government Relations Representative at Trust for America’s Health.
- Kevin Mills, Vice President, Policy and Trail Development at Rails to Trails Conservancy.
Sponsored by America Walks in partnership with the Alliance for Biking & Walking, this is an interactive discussion with other call participants. Questions about the Forum? Contact Yolanda Savage-Narva