For the Kids–Fun Ways to Celebrate National Nutrition Month
There are lots of fun ways to reach kids with messages about healthy eating as we celebrate National Nutrition Month® throughout March. Here’ are a few fun ideas!
- Take your kids shopping at the farmers’ market–let your child choose a veggie or fruit he or she has never tried before! Here’s a map of all the Wake County markets!
- Create your own 3-veggie scavenger hunt for the produce section of the grocery store (how about jicama, cabbage and kale?)
- Pick one new veggie for each week of the month and prepare it a few different ways–let the kids help!
- Take them to story time at Wake County libraries this month, sponsored by Wake County Human Services and The Produce Box
- Pick u a few of these books for bedtime stories while you’re at the library: Wake Wake County Public Library Nutrition Book Suggestions or Wake PTA Council Nutrition Book Suggestions.
- Have your child decorate a paper plate with drawings of their favorite fruits and veggies–load up the colors and fun!
- Show them this Veggie Swag video from the MyPlate video contest!
- Plant a seed and watch it grow!